That Bylaw 167D2018 be amended in Schedule B, as follows:
- Page 3 of 3, by deleting the designation "M-C2" in the map and by substituting with the designation "DC"
- By adding the following text to Schedule B, after the map:
"PROPOSED DIRECT CONTROL GUIDELINES – LOC2016-0313
1 This Direct Control District is intended to:
(a) provide for Multi-Residential Development in a variety of forms;
(b) have Multi-Residential Development of low height and medium density; and
(c) be in close proximity or adjacent to low density residential development.
Compliance with Bylaw 1P2007
2 Unless otherwise specified, the rules and provisions of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 of Bylaw 1P2007 apply to this Direct Control District.
Reference to Bylaw 1P2007
3 Within this Direct Control District, a reference to a section of Bylaw 1P2007 is deemed to be a reference to the section as amended from time to time.
4 The following uses are permitted uses in this Direct Control District:
(a) Accessory Residential Building;
(b) Home Based Child Care – Class 1;
(c) Home Occupation – Class 1;
(e) Protective and Emergency Service;
(f) Secondary Suite;
(g) Sign – Class A; and
5 The following uses are discretionary uses in this Direct Control District:
(a) Addiction Treatment;
(b) Assisted Living;
(c) Backyard Suite;
(d) Bed and Breakfast;
(e) Child Care Service;
(f) Community Entrance Feature;
(g) Custodial Care;
(h) Duplex Dwelling;
(i) Home Based Child Care – Class 2;
(j) Home Occupation – Class 2;
(k) Live Work Unit;
(l) Multi-Residential Development;
(m) Place of Worship – Medium;
(n) Place of Worship – Small;
(o) Power Generation Facility – Small;
(p) Residential Care;
(q) Semi-detached Dwelling;
(r) Sign – Class B;
(s) Sign – Class C;
(t) Sign – Class D;
(u) Sign – Class E;
(v) Single Detached Dwelling;
(w) Temporary Residential Sales Centre; and
(x) Utility Building.
Bylaw 1P2007 District Rules
6 Unless otherwise specified, the General Rules for Multi-Residential Land Use Districts of Bylaw 1P2007 apply in this Direct Control District.
7 The maximum density is 173 units per hectare.
8 The depth of all setback areas must be equal to the minimum contextual multi-residential building setback and building setback required in section 9.
9 (1) Unless otherwise referenced in subsection (2), the minimum building setback from a property line shared with a street is the greater of:
(a) the contextual multi-residential building setback; and
(b) 3.0 metres.
(2) The minimum building setback from a property line shared with a street for a street-oriented multi-residential building is the contextual multi-residential building setback less 1.5 metres.
(3) The minimum building setback from a property line shared with a lane is 1.2 metres.
(4) Unless otherwise referenced in subsection (5), the minimum building setback from a property line shared with another parcel is 1.2 metres.
(5) The minimum building setback from a property line shared with another parcel for a street-oriented multi-residential building is zero metres, when the adjoining parcel is designated:
(a) C-N1, C-COR1, CC-X or CC-COR District; or
(b) M-CG, M-C1, M-C2, M-H1, M-H2, M-H3, M-X1, M-X2, CC-MH or CC-MHX District and contains four or more Dwelling Units.
10 At least 90.0 per cent of the required landscaped area must be provided at grade.
11 The maximum building height is 14.0 metres."