That with respect to Report IP2022-0989, the following be adopted:
- Accept all public submissions received after the advertised deadline for the Corporate Record; and
- The public submissions without the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act acknowledgement received be held confidential pursuant to Section 17 (Disclosure harmful to personal information) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, not to be released.
Mayor Gondek left the Chair at 1:45 p.m. and Deputy Mayor McLean assumed the Chair on 2022 October 4.
Mayor Gondek resumed the Chair at 1:47 p.m. on 2022 October 4
The following documents were distributed with respect to Report IP2022-0989:
- A presentation entitled "Land Use Bylaw Amendments to address Missing Middle Housing";
- A document entitled "Summary of Inform Efforts Between Infrastructure and Planning Committee PC (Sept. 9) and Council (Oct. 4)";
- A presentation entitled "Section 617 of the MGA reminds us that planning decisions are about the balancing of community AND individual interests";
- Package 1 of Public Submissions received after deadline;
- Package 2 of Public Submissions received after deadline;
- A document entitled "A Case Study - Does the current "missing middle" built form already exist?";
- A document entitled "Changes to Land Use Bylaw";
- A document entitled "HGO could be placed in the middle of the low density residential neighbourhood of Scarboro";
- A document entitled "Car Ownership Data: An Inconvenient Truth";
- A document entitled "Reflections on Land Use Bylaw Amendments to address Missing Middle Housing";
- A letter from Sang Vu and Hai Lee (same letter as from Item 8.1.1)
- A document entitled "Why are we in this Place?"; and
- A document entitled "Westbrook Communities Local Area Plan".
The Public Hearing was called and the following speakers addressed Council with respect to Bylaw 56P2022:
1. Christopher Davis
2. David White, CivicWorks
3. Shouhai Jiang
4. Michael Wilhelm, Shaganappi Community Association
5. Alkarim Devani
Mayor Gondek left the Chair at 2:27 p.m. and Deputy Mayor McLean assumed the Chair on 2022 October 4.
Mayor Gondek resumed the Chair at 2:28 p.m. on 2022 October 4.
6. Sean Crump, Included by Design
By General Consent, Council modified the afternoon recess to begin following the completion of presentations from Speakers 7-10 (Panel 2).
7. Jeanne Kimber, Highland Park Community Association
8. Frano Cavar, Calgary Construction Association
9. Nathan Robb, Oldstreet Developments
10. Murray Hiebert
Council recessed at 3:24 p.m. on 2022 October 4 and reconvened at 3:59 p.m. with Mayor Gondek in the Chair.
Councillor Spencer, Councillor Walcott, Councillor Wong, Councillor Wyness, Councillor Carra, Councillor Chabot, Councillor Chu, Councillor Demong, Councillor Dhaliwal, Councillor McLean, Councillor Mian, Councillor Penner, Councillor Pootmans, Councillor Sharp, and Mayor Gondek.
Council then dealt with Item 11.2.1.
Council returned to this Item following Item 11.2.1.
11. Jason Gulas, Eagle Crest Construction
12. Joel Tiedemann
13. Faliha Panjwani
14. Laura Christie
15. Stuart Craig
16. Justin Simaluk
17. Gursharan Pabla, Professional Custom Homes Ltd.
18. Madison Michiels
19. Ali McMillan, Federation of Calgary Communities
20. Ryan Doherty
21. Jessica Karpat, Quantum Place Developments
22. Jett Larsen
23. Zachary Dingman
24. Roy Wright
25. Jean-Marc Poirier
26. Trevor Dreher
27. Guy Buchanan
28. Peter Collins
Councillor Mian rose on a Point of Order
The Chair ruled on the Point of Order
29. David MacInnis
30. Hailey Seidel
By General Consent, Council modified the dinner recess to begin following the completion of questions from Speakers 27 to 29.
By General Consent, Council modified the dinner recess from 75 minutes to 70 minutes.
Council recessed at 6:21 p.m. and reconvened at 7:31 p.m. on 2022 October 4 with Mayor Gondek in the Chair.
Councillor Carra, Councillor Chabot, Councillor Chu, Councillor Dhaliwal, Councillor McLean, Councillor Mian, Councillor Penner, Councillor Pootmans, Councillor Sharp, Councillor Spencer, Councillor Wong, Councillor Wyness, and Mayor Gondek.
Absent from Roll Call: Councillor Demong and Councillor Walcott.
31. Patricia Peck
Councillor Demong (Remote Member) joined the meeting at 7:33 p.m. on 2022 October 4.
32. Lauren Racicot
33. Jason New
34. Cam Kernahan
35. Brent Fraser
36. Jean Woeller
37. Lisa Zeineldin
38. Phil Dack
39. Margaret Crichton
40. John Lathrop
41. Cam Collingwood, Capitol Hill Community Association
42. Jeff Marsh, Hounsfield Heights Briar Hill Community Association
43. Estelle Ducatel
44. Pat Guillemaud, Westgate Community Association
45. Elisabeth Caines
46. Margaret Kosa