That with respect to Report PFC2018-0200, the following be adopted, as amended, as follows:
That the Priorities and Finance Committee recommend that Council:
1. Direct Administration to report back to Council, through the Priorities and Finance Committee, in Q2 2018 with strategic growth recommendations that increase the level of City commitment and investment in new communities, beginning with the 2019 – 2022 budget cycle, as identified in option 1(b) in this Report, and prioritize future growth areas outlined in Attachment 1, including financial implications for the 2019-2022 budget cycle, future budget cycles, and how any funding gaps for operating and capital would be funded using the property tax;
2. Direct Administration to work collaboratively with industry on potential new capital and operating options including those outside current policy constraints to:
- Help share risk;
- Leverage private investment;
- Reduce City costs; and
- Other mutually beneficial outcomes.
And report back to Council through the Priorities and Finance Committee, as part of the next two-year cycle;
3. Direct Administration to develop and share criteria by which business cases will be evaluated to be shared with Council, in a Memo, on or before April 2018;
4. Direct Administration to bring a monitoring report on the implementation of the New Community Growth Strategy to the Priorities and Finance Committee no later than Q4 2019; and
5. Direct Administration to bring a report to Council, through the Priorities and Finance Committee, no later than Q3 2018, with findings and recommendations toward the development of an Established Areas Growth Strategy, including funding and timing considerations, that complements the New Community Growth Strategy.