That with respect to Report C2018-0900, the following be adopted, as amended:
1. Amend Attachment 4 to include the following communities:
ASP Area | Proponent(s) | # of Communities | City Sector
- Glacier Ridge Area Structure Plan | Ronmor/Wenzel | 2 | North
- Glacier Ridge Area Structure Plan – Symons Valley Ranch | Capexco Inc. | 1 * note, this area is better defined as a Community Activity Centre| North
- Belvedere Area Structure Plan – West Belvedere | Tristar/Truman/ Lansdowne/Others | 1 | East
- Rangeview Area Structure Plan | Brookfield/Genstar/ Section23/Others | 2 | Southeast
- Providence Area Structure Plan | Dream/Qualico | 1 | South
- Haskayne Area Structure Plan | Brookfield/Marquis | 1 | Northwest
- Addition: East Stoney Area Structure Plan | Pacific | 1 | Northeast
- Addition: Keystone Hills Area Structure | Plan Melcor/Genstar/Pacific | 2 (one residential, one commercial/industrial) | North
- Belvedere-Twin Hills | OpenGate | 1 | East
- Glacier Ridge | Qualico | 1 | North
- South Shepard | Hopewell/Melcor | 1 | Southeast
2. For the fourteen communities identified in Attachment 4 (C2018-0900), as amended:
(a) approve, as part of One Calgary 2019-2022 four year service plan and budget, a property tax rate increase of up to 0.75% in 2019 to fund the capital and direct incremental operating budgets necessary to support development of these communities;
(b) approve, as part of One Calgary 2019-2022 four year service plan and budget, a water utility rate increase of up to 0.5% per year to fund the specific capital budget necessary to support development of these communities;
(c) confirm its intention to provide, through 2023 and future years’ capital and operating budgets, the necessary public infrastructure and services to serve and support these communities; and
(d) In 2022, use the Fiscal Sustainability Reserve (FSR), to a maximum of $4 Million, to fund the cost of capital for the New Community Growth Strategy included in the One Calgary 2019-2022 budget, if required; and
(e) Use the capacity that is created from the use of the FSR to fund, on a one time basis, the shortfall in operating cost in 2022 attributable to South Shepard.
3. For the fourteen communities identified in Attachment 4 (C2018-0900), as amended, direct Administration to:
(a) Include the estimated capital and direct incremental operating investments, including any changes to the estimates, in 2018 November as part of One Calgary 2019-2022 four year service plan and budget, subject to the required operating and capital funding being in place;
(b) Continue to refine the 2023 and future years’ capital and operating budget estimates, and when needed, bring incremental additional budget requests to Council for the necessary public infrastructure and services to serve and support these communities;
(c) Prepare bylaws and advertise for proposed Area Structure Plan amendments to remove Growth Management Overlays for the communities in Attachment 4 (C2018-0900), as amended, for a public hearing of Council, and bring these amendments directly to the 2018 September 10 Combined Meeting of Council for a public hearing;
(d) Direct Administration, in consultation with stakeholders, to incorporate the proportionate share of the cost of off-site transportation infrastructure and any additional off-site utilities infrastructure attributable to new growth that provides servicing to new communities into the off-site levy rates, through a proposed amendment to the Off-site Levy Bylaw 2M2016, and report back to the Priorities and Finance Committee by no later than 2018 Q4.
4. Direct Administration to bring the next recommendations for new community growth and development approvals by no later than 2020 March, and in coordination with the One Calgary 2019-2022 four year service plan and budget mid-cycle adjustment process.
5. File the Priorities and Finance Committee Recommendations 2, 3 and 6 of PFC2018-0678.
Against: Mayor Nenshi and Councillor Farrell