Councillor Farkas introduced a group of students from Chinook Park School in Ward 11, along with their teacher Karen Woodrow.
Mayor Nenshi introduced a group of students from St Albert The Great School in Ward 12, along with their teacher Denise Heffernan and tour guide Cheryl Peters.
The following documents were distributed with respect to Report C2019-0238:
- A presentation entitled 'Advisory Committee on Accessibility (ACA);
- A pamphlet 'Opening Doors for all Calgarians';
- A brochure 'We're making Calgary accessible to everyone';
- A presentation entitled '2019 Q1 Special Report to Council', dated 2019 March 04;
- A presentation entitled 'Calgary Parking Committee Presentation to Council', dated 2019 March 04;
- A document entitled ‘2019-2020 Strategic Plan';
- A presentation entitled ‘Calgary Planning Commission, C2019-0238’, dated 2019 March 4;
- A presentation entitled ‘Calgary Transit Public Safety – Citizen Oversight Committee’, dated 2019 March 04;
- A presentation entitled 'Calgary Combative Sports Commission', dated 2019 March 04;
- A presentation entitled 'Boards, Commissions and Committees Report: Calgary Pathways and Bikeways Plan Steering Committee’;
- A presentation entitled ‘Public Art Board’, dated March 2019;
- A presentation entitled ‘Assessment Review Board’, dated March 4, 2019; and
- An untitled distribution of two presentation slides from the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board.
The following people addressed Council with respect to Report C2019-0238:
1. Advisory Committee on Accessibility: Chair Lauri Brunner, and Issue Strategist Leanne Squair.
2. Social Wellbeing Advisory Committee: Chair Jason Kingsley, and Director Karla Danan.
3. BiodiverCity Advisory Committee: Chair John McFaul and Vice-Chair Chris Manderson.
4. Calgary Aboriginal Urban Affairs Committee: Chair Eileen Clearsky and Vice-Chair Lisa Hunt.
By general consent, Council brought forward Item 8.3, Student Summer Program - C2019-0297, to be dealt with at this time.
5. Calgary Parking Authority: Chair John Pantazopoulos, Vice-Chair Andrew Osis and General Manager Glen Furtado.
6. Calgary Planning Commission: Chair Matthias Tita, Commissioner Lourdes Juan, and Commissioner Andrew Palmiere.
7. Calgary Transit Public Safety Citizen Oversight Committee Speakers: Chair Afshan Naveed and Superintendent Brian Whitelaw.
By general consent, Council brought forward Item 8.1, Standing Up for Canada's Responsible Energy Industry Progress Update (Verbal), IGA2019-0185, to be dealt with at this time.
Council recessed at 12:03 p.m. and reconvened at 1:17 p.m. with Mayor Nenshi in the Chair.
8. Calgary Police Commission: Chair Brian Thiessen and Executive Director Heather Spicer.
9. Combative Sports Commission: Chair Shirley Stunzi and Vice-Chair TJ Madigan.
10. Pathways and Bikeways Project Steering Committee: Project Manager Tom Thivener.
11. Public Art Board: Past President Katherine Wagner.
12. Urban Design Review Panel: Co-Chair Chad Russill.
13. Assessment Review Board: Chair John Mathias.
14. Subdivision and Development Appeal Board: Vice-Chair Jim Palmer.