The following documents were distributed with respect to Report PUD2020-0207:
- A presentation entitled "Guidebook for Great Communities, PUD2020-0207", dated March 4, 2020
- A document entitled "Guidebook for Great Communities: Common Questions and Misconceptions"
- A letter from Community Associations of Developed Calgary, re: Draft Guidebook for Great Communities (“The Guidebook”), dated 2020 March 01
- A letter from Jessie Sloan Re: Objection to the Guidebook for Great Communities
- A letter from NAIOP to the Standing Policy Committee on Planning and Urban Development
- A letter from Federation of Calgary Communities Re: The Guidebook for Great Communities, dated March 4, 2020
- A document entitled "Calgary Climate Hub Submission Great Communities Guidebook"
- A letter from BILD Calgary, dated 2020 March 03
- A letter from the Cliff Bungalow – Mission Community Association, dated 2020 March 01
- A document entitled “Guidebook for Great Communities” from Gian-Carlo Carra
A letter from Bridgeland Riverside Community Association, dated 2020 March 04, was received for the Corporate Record with respect to Report PUD2020-0207.
A clerical correction was noted to Attachment 2 - Guidebook for Great Communities, to the leading policy numbers in Chapter 3, starting on page 94 -112 where numbers indicated 2.1 and so on, was deleted and replaced with 3.1 and so on.
Item 7.4 PUD2020-0207 was postponed by general consent, to be dealt with at the Call of the Chair.
Item 7.4 PUD2020-0207 was brought forward to be dealt with in conjunction with Item 7.5 PUD2020-0164, following Administration's presentation on Item 7.5.
The following speakers addressed Committee with respect to Item 7.4 Report PUD2020-0207 and Item 7.5 PUD2020-0164:
- Bruce Wells
- Mike Read
- Karen Paul, Calgary Heritage Initiative
- Rick Williams, Calgary Heritage Initiative
- Jessie Sloan
- Deanie Petrunia
Pursuant to Section 6(1) of the Procedure Bylaw 35M2017, as amended, Committee, by general consent, suspended Section 78(2)(a) in order to allow Committee to ask additional questions of the public, prior to the scheduled lunch recess.
Committee recessed at 12:09 p.m. and reconvened at 1:04 p.m. with Councillor Gondek in the Chair.
- Bob Morrison, Calgary Climate Hub
- Lorna Cordeiro, Calgarians for Heritage Districts
- Larry Heather
- Toun Osuntogun and Edward Spink, Federation of Calgary Communities
- Larry Heather
Councillor Farrell introduced a group of students from Bow Valley College, accompanied by their teachers Eszter and Tuvshin.
- Adam Hedayat
- Tim Holz
- Shannyn de Krayff
- Patricia Muir
- Peter Haley
- Brent Fraser
- Jane Virtue, Elbow Park Community Association
- L.J. Robertson, Inglewood Community Association
- Angela McIntyre
- Nathan Hawryluk
- Chris Ollenberger - NAIOP
- Beverly Jarvis, BILD
- Kourtney Branagan
- Josh Traptow
- Bob Lang, CBMCA President
Pursuant to Section 6(1) of the Procedure Bylaw 35M2017, as amended, Committee, by general consent, suspended Section 109 of the Procedure Bylaw 35M2017, as amended, to allow for unlimited debate of the items by Members of Committee.
Committee recessed at 3:20 p.m. and reconvened at 3:40 p.m. with Councillor Gondek in the Chair.