Administration in attendance during the Closed Meeting discussions with
respect to Report C2019-1499:
Clerks: L. Kennedy and Tim Mowrey. Legal: J. Floen Advice: D. Duckworth, K. Black, C. Collier, D. Morgan, K. Cote, J. McMurtry, C. Arthurs, C. Male, K. Gardiner, O. Shyllon, N. Schaeffer, M. Tita, S. Dalgleish, C. Balschuk, H. Domzal, S. Knight, C. McMullen, D. Shearer, T. Feist, N. Zoldak, A. Chan and N. Kuzmac.
Council recessed in Closed Meeting at 12:02 p.m. and reconvened in Closed Meeting, in the Blue Heron Room at 1:03 p.m. with Mayor Nenshi in the Chair.
That with respect to Report C2019-1499 the following be adopted:
That Council direct Administration to prepare strategic sessions for Council based on the topics identified (items A-E, as outlined below, and capital budgets) and distribute a schedule as soon as possible; and further, that Administration consider ways to incorporate the remaining topics (items F-H, as outlined below) into Council’s work for 2020:
- Restoring and Strengthening Public Trust (January 27, 2020)
- A Modernized Municipal Government
- Fiscal Sustainability – (June 29, 2020)
- Economic Structural Change – Local Government Transformational Strategy
- Making Planning and Mobility Policies Real
- Strategic Risk Tolerance
- Relationship Building with Other Orders of Government
- Calgary Building – Health & Social Wellbeing